What’s the Most Popular Residential Roofing Material in 2022?
Do you think it is time to replace your residential roof? If so, it is important to rely on a professional who can help you. We are Total Roofing & Service, and it would be our pleasure to help you replace your roof. At the same time, there are a lot of materials available, and it is important for you to select the best one to meet your needs. What is the most popular residential roofing material in 2022? The reality is that the right material for your roof depends on a number of factors. Take a look at a few important points below, and reach out to us if you would like help with your residential roof.
1. Asphalt Shingles
If you are looking for the most popular roofing material for your roof, you will probably want to go with asphalt shingles. They have been the top choice among homeowners for many years, and they are still the most popular option today. There are several reasons why asphalt shingles are the most popular choice. They include:
- They are the most cost-effective option on the market. If you are looking for a way to save money on your roofing needs, asphalt shingles could be the best way to go.
- Asphalt shingles are also relatively easy to install. In addition to having a relatively low purchase point, they are also very easy to put in place.
- They are able to stand up to wear and tear in most climate conditions. Regardless of where you live, asphalt shingles should work well for you.
On the other hand, asphalt shingles might not be the best choice because they do not last as long as other materials. In addition, they can fade over time when they are exposed to a lot of sun. If you want to figure out whether this is the best possible material for your needs, reach out to our experts today.
2. Slate Roofing
One material that has become more popular during the past few years is slate. Slate is a bit more expensive than many of the other choices, but slate is also incredibly durable. Some of the biggest reasons why you might want to go with slate include:
- Slate lasts significantly longer than most other materials. As long as you take good care of it, it could last for 75 years or more.
- This material does not require nearly as much maintenance as other options, allowing you to save money down the road.
- This is also one of the most fire-resistant materials on the market.
Clearly, slate has a lot of benefits, but there are a lot of people who don’t like it because it takes a bit longer to install and is significantly more expensive. If you would like to learn more about slate roofing, our team would be happy to help you.
3. Metal Roofing
Metal has also become more popular among homeowners who are looking for a new roof. Metal has enjoyed a resurgence because stylistic preferences have changed during the past few years. Even though some people did not like the look of metal before, it is more popular today.
Some of the biggest benefits of choosing a metal roof include:
- Metal is incredibly durable. It could last for 40 to 70 years, as long as you take good care of it.
- Metal is also a great option if you live in a windy area. Metal can stand up to strong winds of up to 140 MPH.
- Metal is also easy to customize. There are plenty of colors and styles available.
Metal can be a bit of a challenge to install, and that is why you need to work with the right team if you plan on going with a metal roof. There are plenty of different types of metal available. For example, some people might be interested in aluminum, while other people might be interested in Copper. Then, there are some people who are interested in tin, while other people are interested in galvanized steel. If you would like to figure out which option is best for your needs, our team can help you.
Call Total Roofing & Service Today for Help With Your Roof
At Total Roofing & Service, we have a tremendous amount of experience in our field, and we can use that experience to help you. We understand that every homeowner is in a slightly different situation, and we will work with you to find the right roofing material to meet your needs. We will compare the benefits and drawbacks of every option available, putting you in the best possible position to make the right decision for your house. Contact us today to speak to a member of our team, and let us help you find the right roofing material for your needs.